Have you recently come across an error code 554 while you are performing the task to send and receive multiple emails in AOL email service? If yes, then you can surely go through this blog as it will help you to understand the reason behind the cause and also provide you with manual troubleshooting steps that can be performed by you. But if you find that you are not able to resolve this technical glitch on your own, then it is suggested to get in touch with the certified experts at AOL mail customer support number. AOL error code 554 is one of the most basic snags faced by the users as this email service is being globally used by the people to manage their email data on the cloud. It occurs in the inbox of AOL mail when the concerned person is trying to send messages. This shows that the IP address of the mail server has sent spam content to AOL. Before you move to the solution, it is advisable to understand the reasons first. This will help you to avoid the technical snag in the near future.
Reasons behind AOL mail error code 554:
- The underlyingidea behind this error is poor net connectivity.
- It also happens when you attempt to send multiple mails at a time
- Another reason could be when the server prevents the emails and blocks from sending and receiving mails
- AOL mail settings are not up to date.
- The device and the internet browser are not compatible with AOL mail
These are some of the reasons due to which the users can confront AOL mail error 554. If one takes care of these basic things, then the chances are that this error can be avoided.
The procedure to resolve AOL error code 554
Follow the given procedure step by step for manual troubleshooting
Step 1- To fix the internet connection, reboot all the devices that are using the Wi-Fi connection
Step 2- Disable the Windows Firewall and Antivirus application temporarily
Step 3- Log out of AOL mail
Step 4- You need to reboot the AOL account
Step 5- Restart the system and open Google Chrome
Step 6- Search for AOL mail sign in and login via credentials
Step 7- This will resolve the error.
Some Tips to be kept in mind
- Make sure that you do not send multiple emails at a time
- Check whether the IP address is not blocked by the Internet Service Provider
- Do not connect AOL mail with public networks
- Check the IMAP and SMTP settings
- Mail server: imap.aol.com
- Port- 993 (SSL)
- Mail server: smtp.aol.com
- Port- 587(TLS)
After you have ensured all these things, then you would be able to solve the error successfully. Throughout this procedure, if you require additional help, then do not hesitate to call AOL customer care number and talk to the technical executives who are available on call throughout the day.