AOL Email Customer Support
AOL Mail is one of the most popular email service providers operating in the market today. Millions upon millions of email subscribers use AOL Mail to communicate with family and friends and share personal greetings and pictures with their loved one. Many people also use their AOL Mail accounts to connect with their business associates and reach out to potential clients. Since AOL Mail is such an integral part of the way people communicate, it is important to learn how to manage your account and overcome email errors. If you encounter an error related to AOL Mail you can always call the AOL email support number and get in touch with a team of AOL technicians who will be happy to give you the best solution to resolve the error.
The software provides a range of services as provided by AOL. With a user-friendly interface, the desktop application is added with security features. The most amazing feature about this software is the auto updates, and the updates get downloaded as soon as you connect to the internet. Many people who have been using the AOL software will also find the transition smooth due to easy user-navigation. Its recommended that if you haven’t upgraded the version, you do that without wasting time because there are chances that AOL software will soon lose its significance. The desktop icon is quite helpful as one can click on it and navigate to the software rather than every time going to another web browser and searching for the same. One of the most important things that you need to keep in mind is that you cannot access AOL Gold for free and must take the subscription.
Recover Hacked AOL Email Account
Email hacking is a real and credible online security threat that can cause you to lose important personal data. You can follow the suggestions mentioned below to protect your AOL email account if you feel that it was hacked:
- Step 1: When you notice that your account is hacked you should first change your AOL email password and log out of all known devices. You should then create a strong password that includes numbers, symbols, and letters.
- Step 2: Regularly update your antivirus software and scan your computer so that your system has the latest security protection and is not infected by any malware or virus.
- Step 3: You should review the email settings and add new security details to keep your AOL email account secure. Including your current mobile number and an alternate email address makes it easy for you to recover your account.
- Step 4: Hackers often use spam emails and messages to hack your AOL account and steal your data. You need to review your emails to ensure there is no spam or inappropriate content.
If you observe any suspicious activity on your account or if your contacts report any unusual email sent from your email ID you take the implement the steps given above to keep your AOL account secure. You can also call the AOL Email customer service number and speak to a trained email expert to get more insight on how to respond when your email account is hacked.
Steps to Reset your AOL Email Password
Your AOL email password is the primary security feature on your account and helps to verify your identity when you want to access your emails. If you forget your email password or if your email account is hacked you will need to reset the password to access AOL Mail. You can use any of the three methods mentioned below to reset your AOL Mail password:
Method 1: Reset password using your phone number
- Step 1:Click the ‘Forgot Password’ option and enter your phone number
- Step 2:Press ‘Yes’ so that AOL can send you the account verification code
- Step 3:Type the AOL verification code sent to you via SMS and press ‘Next.’
- Sent 4:When the code is confirmed a page will open to create a new password
- Step 5:Follow the prompts to create a new password for AOL Mail
Method 2: Reset password using your email address
- Step 1:Enter an alternate email address so AOL can send you a security code
- Step 2:Sign in to your alternate email address and access your inbox folder
- Step 3:Look for an email from AOL and locate the security code or link
- Step 4:Navigate to the AOL verification page and enter the security code
- Step 5:Complete the subsequent instructions once the security code is verified and reset your AOL Mail password
Method 3: Reset your password using the Security Question
- Step 1: Select the security question option as a way to reset your password
- Step 2: Type the correct answer to the question and press ‘Verify.’
- Step 3: Provide the required personal data such as name, DOB, full name, etc.
- Step 4: After AOL verifies the personal data and security answer you entered, you can go ahead and create a new password for your AOL email account.
After your AOL Mail password is changed, you will receive confirmation of the same via email or SMS. If you have any trouble resetting the password you can always contact AOL email customer service and ask for additional technical assistance to complete the process.
Steps to Setup AOL Mail on iPhone
As an AOL Mail user can sync your email account to your iPhone so that you are always updated about new mails and can send urgent email as and when required. You can refer to the steps below to automatically set up your AOL email account with using your email address and password:
- Step 1: Go to Settings on your iPhone and select ‘Passwords & Accounts’
- Step 2: Tap ‘Add Account’ and look for AOL in the list of email providers
- Step 3: Enter your registered AOL email address and your current password.
- Step 4: Click the ‘Next’ option and wait until Mail verifies your account.
- Step 5: After your account is verified, you can select the account information you want to access, including AOL contacts or calendars events.
If you do not see AOL listed as an email service provider, you will need to add your account manually. You can call the AOL email helpline number and speak to a certified email expert to learn more about the server settings needed to configure your AOL account on iPhone manually.